In order to motivate our students to participate in this very important initiative, we have provided two independent paths for our students to earn the prize - no homework on weekends during the months of May and June.
Path One – Contracts & Attendance: If 75% of our students sign and submit contracts and 50% attend the December 6 presentation… they win the prize.
Path Two – Attendance Only: If 80% of our students attend the December 6 presentation with a parent or legal guardian… they win the prize.Results for grade 7 and grade 8 will be calculated independently and therefore, one grade might earn the prize while the other does not. Our hope, of course, is that both grades meet the participation rates necessary to win!
What is the 24-month Not My Kid Contract?
Your child pledges to you:
You, the parent(s), pledge to your child:
How does the Not My Kid Contract Work – 3 Steps?
1. Child and Parent(s) sign a 24-month contract and return it to school.
2. Once a month the principal and school counselor select one student through a random and confidential drawing from all those who signed contracts.
3. Only the parent(s) of the child selected will be notified and mailed an over-the-counter, in-home drug test; the results of which remain 100% confidential- between the parent and child.
4. The student’s contract will then be placed will be placed back into pool.
What is the School’s Role in Not My Kid Contract?
1. Collect and maintain all contracts for 24 month period;
2. Hold random monthly confidential drawings;
3. Alert parents of student selected in drawing; and
4. Mail an in-home test kit to parents including parent/child discussion tips prior to testing, as well as recommended ‘first steps’ if the results are positive.
Once the test kit is mailed, the school’s role ends. There is no paper trail of distributed kits
AND parents will never be asked for the test results.
What test is used and what drugs will be identified?
7 Illicit Drugs
5 Prescription Drugs